Saturday, August 30, 2008

It is the Ocean City

I have never been to the shore before. I have been to many beaches, but never the shore. They are really the same

We just spent 2 full days with my cousins in Ocean City NJ. Every summer they spent a week there and they were nice enough to let the kids and I crash there for 2 day. This is the list of thing we did 36 hours, in mostly temporal order.


Dropped Mom off at work at 6 am
Drove to 125 miles to Ocean City
Woke everybody up
Put 8 kids into a surrey
Ate lunch (talked about dinner)
Played mini golf
Went kite flying
Swam in the ocean
Ate Dinner (talk about next days meals)
Went to a cool amusement park
Had Polish Water Ice
Flopped on the floor and slept like a dead fish
Woke up
Ran 5 miles
Ate breakfast (talked about lunch)
Rented 4 wheeled go cart bikes for the kids
got donuts
Ate lunch (talked about dinner)
Rode gasoline go carts
The kids swam in the pool for about 5 hours
Ate dinner
Drove home (talked about dinner)



I had no idea what to expect in Ocean City. What I did not know is what made it a great place. Ocean city is a dry town. Yes, there are no bars and you can't buy booze in town. I thought that only a religious community would do that and I would not imagine wanting to be part of that. But, that was not the case at all. Ocean City has a marketing niche. If you want to get drunk and get wild Atlantic City it a few mile away. Ocean City is a great place to enjoy active activities and the Spring Break Crowd is some where else. Both can exist, the just do not have to be in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive