Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Had a Good Nights Sleep

Yesterday was the final installment of the Speed work that I have been doing with the Prospect Park Track Club. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to another 10 weeks of having Tony run the crap out of me. But not till after the marathon in November. Last night we did quarter mile repeats by the Tennis Center and Parade Grounds on Parkside Ave.


When we were done we needed to cross Parkside Ave to get back to Prospect Park. There were about 20 of us. A few runners crossed Parkside and were waiting for the rest of us to cross the street. The light turned red for us, so we stopped. While we were waiting I noticed that the first two cars that were waiting for the green were obscenely gunning their engines, and we jumped back from the curb. One was a brand new gas sucking muscle car the other was an old Porsche. When they got the green they both raced down Parkside Ave. I was a good thing there were no pedestrians on the road...

The next thing that happened made us all cheer. These two moterheads did not know that they were in front of a Police Station. They were being observed the whole time by a marked police car leaving the driveway directly behind us. The cops put on their lights and sirens and chased them down the street.

Maybe the roads of Brooklyn are a little safer today. Go get em Dirty Harry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive