Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Bronx Half Marathon

I was a great day to run 13.1 miles. Just not for me.

Yea, you would think that the stars were all lined up to make for a great half-marathon, just not for me. It was 42 degrees warmer at the start then 2 weeks ago in Central Park. I even got a ride to the start (Thanks Andrew!). But I spent the week following the Manhattan Half coughing and spitting.

We also went out last night. Tried a new food at dinner. I ate ostrich (tastes like beef, might as well eat beef). Then we went to a show. We saw Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Gallery Players. The show was great but the chair was sucky. My little girl was at a sleep over at her BFF's house and about midnight I got a call that she was homesick. It was a no-brainer that I was gonna go get her.

So new food, bad chair and not so much sleep adds up to take it easy race. The best part was that I got to run every step of it with my friend and teammate, Marvlin.

These are from Brightroom. I got new shorts, no help.....








1 comment:

  1. Aw, so you did have to go pick her up huh? Poor thing!

    At least you saw a good play!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive