Saturday, March 13, 2010

Suck it up, the weather could be like this on Nov 7.

I just got back from a 13 mile run.  40 degrees rain, moderate to MF.

I asked for the MF rain.  When I was running over to Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge I looked uptown and saw the big nasty cloud over Central Park.  I laughed to myself when I though of all he poor soles who "had to" run the NYRRC that was transpiring at that moment.  Today was one of those days that I appreciated the fact that I have earned lifetime guaranteed entry into the NYC Marathon.  I do not have to participate in the 9+1 program..

I don't mind running in the rain, I could just do without the waiting around and getting home on the subway that come with racing.


When I cam back over the bridge I had to run through that micro storm.  Nothing like 40 mile an hour sustained winds blowing hard rain into the side of your face.  I had a strange experience up on the Bridge. I pulled my new hat over my ears and it got so wet that it sealed itself over my ear.  When the rain/wind hit it it acted like a drum.  It is two hours later and my ear still hurts.




I also wore a baseball hat on top so I looked a little like this.








Speaking of eminem.  Check out this Video.  It made me push a little harder today.


1 comment:

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive