Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rejoining the Herd (Update with Brightroom Photos)

It as been a long time since I ran in a large race and by large I mean lots of other runners.  Not since last years NYC Marathon.  But this morning I got back in the swing of things and ran the NYC Marathon Tune up.  Yea, I joined thousands of my closest friends and race for 18 miles.  I think there is something primordial about running with a lot of other human beings.  It was satisfying at the organic level to run with 4,000 other sweating heaving people.  Even if a few of them lapped me on this 3 loop course.

I have run this race every year since 1994.  I don't think of it as a tune up.  I think of it as a check up.  If you are OK with 18 miles 5 or 6 weeks before the NYC Marathon you will be fine on that day.

I am gonna be fine on Nov 6.

Today was not my slowest and it was far from my fastest.  I was thinking about trying to break 3:15.  I was totally on pace to do that till I saw an old friend at mile 15.  It is not always about the clock.  So I finished in 3:20 and felt so good I rewarded myself with a 1.6 mile loop of The Reservoir 

Crappy Cellphone Photo



I also found a MetroCard that will work till Oct 15 near mile 7. The Challange was to pick it up without reproducing a scene from I Love Lucy.

2 comments:

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive