Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rejoining the Herd (Update with Brightroom Photos)

It as been a long time since I ran in a large race and by large I mean lots of other runners.  Not since last years NYC Marathon.  But this morning I got back in the swing of things and ran the NYC Marathon Tune up.  Yea, I joined thousands of my closest friends and race for 18 miles.  I think there is something primordial about running with a lot of other human beings.  It was satisfying at the organic level to run with 4,000 other sweating heaving people.  Even if a few of them lapped me on this 3 loop course.

I have run this race every year since 1994.  I don't think of it as a tune up.  I think of it as a check up.  If you are OK with 18 miles 5 or 6 weeks before the NYC Marathon you will be fine on that day.

I am gonna be fine on Nov 6.

Today was not my slowest and it was far from my fastest.  I was thinking about trying to break 3:15.  I was totally on pace to do that till I saw an old friend at mile 15.  It is not always about the clock.  So I finished in 3:20 and felt so good I rewarded myself with a 1.6 mile loop of The Reservoir 

Crappy Cellphone Photo



I also found a MetroCard that will work till Oct 15 near mile 7. The Challange was to pick it up without reproducing a scene from I Love Lucy.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling good!

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive