Saturday, November 26, 2011

Back to being a Dad

I had a busy Fall.  I trained for an ran the NYC Marathon, organized the Brooklyn Marathon and spent a lot of time making the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot happen.

But that is all done and I got to spend some quality time with my kids.  They are getting to the age that they have their own friends and want to do some more gender specific stuff.

So on Friday I took my son and 2 of his friends to Grand Prix New York.  I have been waiting since the summer to go there because I had already bought  a Groupon. (please click that to join, I will get a $10 credit).  I got 2 kids rides, lunch and a required membership fee for $20.  It would have cost about $55.

$55 would have been fine if I were the 1%, but for $20 I was ready to make the 48 mile drive to Mt Kisco.  Yes, it was totally worth the drive.  The place was spotless and the staff was attentive and polite.  The food was even good.  We are definitely gonna go back, but not for 2 years.  The boys all had "track envy".  They want to go on the 13 and older course.

BROOKLYN'S "DEATH-O-METER"
INSTALLED IN GRAND ARMY PLAZA IN 1927.
One thing I could not figure out.  I don't know why so many adults were paying to ride go carts.  Don't they all have real cars?    Maybe they don't have to drive around Grand Army Plaza, but I thought the kids could have kept their helmets for the drive home on  the Saw Mill River Parkway.


Today I got to take my daughter and her friend to the Brooklyn Bead Box.  The people there were really nice.  Everyone just sat and chatted.  It was kinda like meeting your friends for a run, except everyone was sitting. (I actually met one of my running teammates there).

We will be back.

I think we know where my daughter will have her 12th birthday party.




1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing Dad! Obviously, I think the bead box trip was way cooler, but still, great that you found things that interested both your son and daughter.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive