Thursday, March 29, 2012

this is hard to type

Back in the '90s I used to run down to Coney Island a lot.  It was called it the spit in the ocean run.  We would run down Ocean Pkw and onto the Coney Island Boardwalk.  Then, past the Aquarium, and The Cyclone, and just when we got to the abandoned Parachute Jump we would make a hard left and run to to the end of the fishing pier.  It would look something like this.  Running back made it a good 17 miler, with an up hill finish.

The thing is that when you got to the end of the pier and looked back at the land, beyond the Parachute Jump on a clear day you could clear see the Twin Towers.  Back then nobody ran with a phone, let alone a little mini computer that took photos.  I figured it would make a nice photo and I could always go back with a camera. But that did not work out.

Today this was my run.  When I was on the boardwalk I look over and there it was Tower 1, rising across the Borough of Brooklyn.

I put the arrow there.
They built a baseball stadium near the Parachute Jump but you can see it.  

Just a little.

Maybe I will go back with a real camera and take a better photo. If you tell me to hurry I might smack you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive