Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mixed Reuse

"Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."

I don't think I ever had a Schaefer Beer.

Anyway, my days of having more than one beer are behind me.



When this ad came out Schaefer was the best selling beer in America.  I can see why with their direct appeal to alcoholics.

But on Kent Ave one of their buildings is still there.
Thanks Fishtown




I can just see the Schaefer logo going above that door.





But they don't make Schaefer in Brooklyn any more.  They used to make a lot of things in Williamsburg that they don't make any more.  and check out the Streetview below.  It looks like they just recently took away the green sign that cover the Schaefer logo.




Also if you zoom on the door now, it says that the building is home to a movie studio too.

There is a lot going on in Williamsburg.  You can tell from this one building that things change.  A building that was once home to a brewery is now a special education school for Jewish children and a video studio.

That's ok.  My kids go to school in a combination of 2 buildings.  One of them was a high school and the other was a newspaper factory. They also share the building with another school.   I will get to that latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive