Sunday, February 2, 2014

#Ican'twaittillMonday.

It's been awhile since I posted about running.  I just want to say that I have sill been running, its just that I have not felt like writing about it.

The other day one of my teammates posted that she was going to run to the start of a 4 mile race in Central Park.  That's totally my thing.  I was not even registered for the race but that was not going to stop me.

Here is the treat I got as I approached our meeting place at 7am


Well... she was much faster than me and had to get to the start on time so there was no way I was going to keep up.  The most direct route from Brooklyn to Central Park includes Time's Square.  Our plan was to avoid it because it was Super Bowl Central.  I had enough of Super Bowl Gridlock when I had to drive down the West Side on Saturday.  I complained that I could not wait till this Stupid Bowl crap left NYC.  My friend pointed out that now I know how the non running community of NYC feels on the first weekend of November when I run a marathon through their lives.

Since it was just me and I really did not care if I got to the starting line on time I gambled and ran through Time's Square.  

Seeing the amount of people getting a few days pay changed my attitude towards the Super Bowl.  There were.  There were hundreds of security guards and real cops getting paid to stand around and do nothing.  There was also hundreds of people who were being paid to clean or construct things that were standing around doing nothing.

At 9am on Super Bowl morning these women were standing in a line doing nothing.




So, I got to the last corral just as the race was starting.  A 9 mile run followed by a 4 mile race.  No make that a 1 mile sprint, followed by a 8 mile tour of Manhattan, followed by a 4 mile run/walk because I did it with a friend who was practicing the Galloway Method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive