Saturday, June 27, 2015

I don't think I've been exposed to this much chemcals since I had chemotherapy

A year ago
Facebook tells me what hospital I was in a year ago. Without it I have to figure it out with the calendar. But 12 months ago today I was visiting Rusk for the second time. I know that because I let my daughter and her BFF paint my nails.

There are lots of things I didn't know that I had to know. When I walked into the hospital I had no idea I wasn't coming home right away, Let alone that I really would be there for over four months. When I was there it was just one day at a Sabrina time. But as those days dragged out.... There were little things that I needed to take care of. Things that I always did myself and suddenly needed help with. I never painted my nails I always got the myself and I couldn't do that anymore. The nurses and their staff wouldn't do it either. They said that was a podiatrist job or a dermatologist and they couldn't do their job but my wife could. So when I was in the hospital my wife cut my nails. And for fun I let my daughter paint them. When she was about seven or birthday party was an insane slumber party. At like 1 o'clock in the morning I had a give these girls and focus so I let each one of them paint one of my nails. But that's another story.

Also when I got to the hospital, I thought it would be cool to have a hospital beard. I kind of imagine that I would go home and get a hot towel shave. But that was going to happen in my face was getting
much too hairy.

A bit much
Then I checked in to subacute care /nursing home for two months. There, every Monday my floor was treated to Spa Day. A hairstylist and a bunch of volunteers from high school showed up and mostly painted peoples nails but I taught her how to use an electric razor.

But I'm really digressing. Today I walked into a nail salon for happy hour. A free manicure with every pedicure! For me it was kind of surreal. I didn't know when to lift my foot or stick out my hand and the people helping me didn't speak much English there was a lot of poking. But my nails on both my hands and feet are very well trimmed and then they pumised my feet in ways that I didn't really need. They also rubbed my cuticles off and I walked out smelling a lot like a candle. I will not show you a picture my fingers because they are unremarkable. But I went with my daughter and she had a marvelous time picking out shades of sparkly colors.

Since I'm using voice to text my daughter can hear me as I speak this blog post. She says I'm being very obnoxious I think I'm just being honest. Anyway below is her comment and to the right are her fingers.

This is Sabrina and I never said my dad was being obnoxious. I just think he is not being truthful. I was sitting next to him and there was no poking or pumising or unnecessary smells, in fact he really enjoyed himself. But now he's telling people that there was a lot of extra pampering and I don't know why. Maybe to protect his 'manhood'. This was the first time either of us got a pedicure and we had a lot of fun!





On one hand, the highlight of my day was sitting next to my daughter and having my nails done. (Pun intended) but the real highlight of my day came when I got home. I got to the front door of my house and didn't want to walk around to the back. FUCK IT! I just walked up those little stairs.!

 No rail no problem FUCK YOU CIDP OR WHATEVER


My physical therapist gave me the green light to try to walk down but I don't know about that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive