Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My gym's inspirational sign of the week

Till now, I had no idea who Vivian Greene was. But I am so passed dancing in the rain. I don't even need to run in the rain anymore.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

As I stared at those words, I rewrote them in my head

"Life is not about dancing in the rain, it's about learning to lean into the wind."  - Michael Ring

Yeah, I remember running over the Brooklyn Bridge during a monster thunderstorm. I stood in the middle of the bridge, totally alone, and screamed at the sky. "Bring it! Mother Fucker!!!, Bring it! "

So I went back and ran in more thunderstorms, and when it snowed, and when it was 10° (not so much about 80°). I didn't know it but I was getting ready for GBS, or CIDP or acute motor axonal neuropathy, or whatever.

As I type out this blog my running club is having an online conversation about the lore of the marathon, and why qualifying for Boston is the holy Grail for mortal runners like me. I completed at least one marathon every year from 1993 to 2013. In 2016, I'll complete the New York City Marathon. Then I got to get back on training for that BQ. All I have to do is break for hours again after I turned 60, and seven years.

2 comments:

  1. This is really tremendous that the way you desceibe. This information is so much more than I needed!keep it up .
    walk in clinic in brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive