Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am back and I'm living the dream

After you have to take a month and a half off from running you one needs to come back easy. There is no better way to do that than by going for a group run with a couple of seven year olds.

This morning I explained to Nicholas and Sabrina the concept of a group run; not a race…stay together…. conversational pace. This all made sense.

The plan was to run an upper loop of Prospect Park together. This did not work. My twins are unique 7 year olds. Sabrina was very happy to run a nice 12 minute mile, but Nicholas was not so much into the strait and steady. He tired and we ran/walked about a mile and walked back.

Later this morning we returned to Prospect Park to enjoy the rest of the beautiful day. We went to the Prospect Park Audubon Center. The kids played a little and it was decided that Nicholas would go on a peddle boat ride with Steph and Sabrina and I continued our running by running a loop of the lake. I took us about 24 minutes to run a 1.75 mile loop (We had a few short stops to look at pretty thing).

By the way my toe is fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive