Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Toe Update

It is not broken, fractured or dislocated. It is bruised.

Yes I actually broke down and went to a doctor.

I was gonna see Dr Michael G. Szczepanski DPM because he help me deal with plantar fasciitis. I went to see him because he is know as the type of doctor who understands that some people can not be told to stop running. But, I already stopped running and Doc Mike is all the way out in Bay Ridge. So I called the nearest Podiatrist to my office. Dr Christopher Minacapilli took his time and took some X-rays and told me not to run till it stops hurting. I have to let it heal.

Unfortunity a soft tissue bruise will take longer to heal than fractured bone.
So I am going to be putting some air in the bike tires this weekend

2 comments:

  1. michael,

    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    bone bruises can be pretty nasty and painful things. they can present as shin splits and/or stress fractures.

    but despite the recovey hassle, be thankful it wasn't fractured or broken - would have been worse.

    after the toe (loved writing that) - what's next on your race calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I really enjoy
    reading your blog, and I
    especially love the pictures
    carole ann

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive