Sunday, July 13, 2008

Race Report: Naples-New York Park to Park

This was the New York Roadrunners race I ran since they implemented the seeded corrals system at the start. I am a definitive mid pack runner. At other races I would start the race with the 9 minute mile runners and sped the first half of a 10K passing slower runner and finish at a 10 minute per mile pace.

When I signed up for today's race I put my pace down at 10 minutes per mile. When I ran, I actually noticed that I was running with the same clump of people for most of the race. Not so much passing. That made it nice.

I finished the race in 1:03:30. At the finish I got some water, gave my chip back and I met my old Sheepshead Bay High School buddy Frank. We talked about his blog, Rundangerously. Then I reran the course in 1:06.

A 10k is not enough in July, if the New York City Marathon is in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive