Sunday, November 2, 2008

It is 4:07AM



In about 6 hours I will start the ING New York City Marathon. This is the 17th time I will line up at Fort Wadsorth to run this 26.2 mile race. If you have been reading my blog you know I did not finish back in 1979. I also DNF in 1997. This means that if (when) I finish this afternoon it will be my 15th NYC Marathon completion

15 is a big deal, for some reason the New York Road Runners Club will exempt me from all requirements for guaranteed entry all future NYC Marathons (unless they change the rules). I won't have to run qualifying races, donate to a charity, or get lucky in the lottery. I will be pre-qualified, special. Me, recognized for my athletic achievement or just determination...

Wow, WOW.

I know.

Many times in the past 5 years I have found my self lost in a daydream about how I will feel when I finish TODAY'S race. Soon I will know......

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Michael-I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive