Monday, January 19, 2009

I can choose from 2 different Inauguration Viewing Parties

My son's 3rd grade teacher at PS 321 is opening up his home for a Inauguration Party. See the permission slip to the right.

or I can go to City Hall

fromQuinn@council.nyc.ny.us
toringrunner@gmail.com
dateWed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM
subjectImportant Notice about the Inauguration Day Viewing @ City Hall on Jan. 20


This email is to re-confirm your RSVP to President-Elect Barack Obama's Inauguration viewing at City Hall on Tuesday, January 20th.

Guests will be admitted to City Hall starting at 9:30 AM. Please arrive as early as possible since we are expecting an extremely large crowd. The viewing will start at 10 AM. Those arriving after 10:30 AM cannot be guaranteed admittance.

Other organizations are also hosting Inaugural viewings. You can find a list of these on the Council's website at www.council.nyc.gov.

Some people may choose to attend an event closer to their home or work. Therefore, we ask that you please re-confirm your attendance at the City Hall viewing by emailing Carrie Mobley at cmobley@council.nyc.gov.

The New York City Police Department asks that we remind our guests that the following items will not be allowed into City Hall:

  • backpacks;
  • large bags, packages and duffel bags;
  • knives, blades or other sharp objects;
  • alcoholic beverages; and
  • firearms.

On behalf of the Black, Latino and Asian Caucus and the entire New York City Council, we look forward to sharing with you this historic moment in our nation's history.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Christine C. Quinn

Speaker

New York City Council



I would rather be with my son. (Maybe I can bring my daughter too). In 40 or 50 years I would rather have the memory of being with my kids, than with thousands of strangers. Has there ever been a time that you knew when history would happen and you could choose where you wanted to be?



1 comment:

  1. I doubt I will be able to remember anything in 40 or 50 years! probably won't even be alive!

    But, I was happy to share this day with my youngest son, i went to his teacher's house also. It was a historical moment and i was thrilled to be able to share it with him. Glad you did the same!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive