Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lokin' for green in Prospect Park on St. Patrick's Day

Today is St. Patrick's Day. It never meant much to me, but I figured that I would take my camera with me when I ran a loop of Prospect Park. After 2 miles I did not think I wold see any green so I took this picture. A little bit of green in an otherwise brown park. Most of the green here is still under the surface, waiting waiting....

So I kept running and there they were. Some sort of bulb was coming up. To me they are all just plants but these were the first green ones I saw on St Patrick's Day.

I did a little research. I believe that the flowers are daffodils and they they were planted as part of a giant memorial. The Daffodil Project was started as a September 11 memorial because parks became a place for "common ground where [we] could congregate, debate, memorialize, grieve, and find spiritual and physical renewal"

This so true.

Scenic Sunday

3 comments:

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive