It was different from most races that I have run:
- There were no bibs or race numbers.
- There was no clock.
- There was no baggage check.
- Brutally sharp turns.
It had a lot of similarities to a race:
- There was a starting line.
- There were mile markers (woefully off, I could spit from the 3 mile mark to the finish line, but so what.)
- There was a course.
- It had a finish line.
- There were water stations .
- Someone said "go".
- It was a weird distance (3.1 miles).
- There were"Goodie bags" at the finish filled with useless swag.
- The biggest similarity to a race was that it was huge, huge, HUGE.
That said, I can't wait till next year. I hope it has 5,000 participants.
My kids had a great time. We started in the back of the running pack and all we did was pass people for 3.1 miles. Both of them ran every step and zoomed up the hills. Then we spent the rest of the day enjoying The Zoo.
It was really nice to smell worse than most of the animals.