Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Boom a Ring

No this is not my new cousin. Today the whole family went to Coney Island to see Boom A Ring, the Ringling Brothers show that has moved into Brooklyn for the Summer.. The day started out nice. I was able do use a discount code to get the tickets at half price and got an on street parking spot in front of the bit top. But ya know half of $65 is still a lot.

We were the second row on the side of the ring (with nobody in the first row) and I think the back row of the center section would have been just as good for $10. Or half of $10.

Anyway, I had mixed feelings about going to this circus. I have been accused of being an "animal hater". I do not hate animals, I just think too much time and energy is dedicated to the personification of animals. If I hated animals it would not bother me if they are mistreated.


As I expected the PETA people were outside the circus reminded me that they abuse animals. Inside Ringling Bros. reminded me how cute elephants can be.

The show was a lot of fun, but I was actually board with the animal acts. There were dogs jumping through hoops, elephants sitting on each other and tigers doing both.

I will not return to a circus where they show off the skills of trained animals. Mainly because I did not find it the least bit entertaining. Even if the animals are being treated like house pets I could not imagine it being worthy. Also my daughter said "They were wiping the tigers." Why should I pay to see that.

I also do not eat veal. I think I can live a fine live without eating veal.

3 comments:

  1. hm doesn't sound like a very good show.
    I rarely go see the circus and almost never eat veal. The whole meat industry disturbs me and I'm a guilt-ridden meat eater.

    Hope you're staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I don't like it and it just doesn't catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) elephants can be both abused and cute. They are not mutually exclusive.
    2) I don't eat veal either. Enough already said on this.
    3) If I want to see animals jump through hoops and sit on each other, I stay home and watch my kids play. It's free and it tires them out before bed time.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive