Friday, April 2, 2010

Tomorrow we race!

Tomorrow my kids and I will race to support World Vinson.  It is exciting.  We have raced before, but we never did it as a fundraiser.  We wanted to do something to help the people in Haiti and this race came along.

You can still (always) contribute by clicking here


Intro to Team World Vision from Team World Vision on Vimeo.



When I picked up the numbers I got to spend some time with the World Vision People.  The 5K was added after the earthquake in Haiti and every penny raised by 5K runners goes to help people in Haiti.  Also none of the money they raise at races goes to build churches or attempt in anyway to convert people, they don't do that.  They said that proselytizing would take away their creditability.

As an Agnostic, it is nice to be involved with people who just want to do good.  I don't belong to any Church, Temple or Masque so this is all new to me.  I like it.

1 comment:

  1. World Vision is an amazing organization and they have a long history of doing great things. Thank you for partnering with them to help them continue their works. Each one of us has the potential to make a big difference in a child's life if we work together for the greater good! Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive