Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Running with a camera on VACATION

Do you wanna know why I sang Brand New Cadillac on my run? Because I was running up Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park.

I woke up early and left the family in the Hotel. I said I would be back in about 2 hours. The Google Map below is deceiving, I ran around Bar Harbor for about an hour before I found the road to the summit. So when I was actually on my my up, I realized I was not gonna make it back to the Hotel in time for a family breakfast. I got a little selfish and continued up and figured I would get a ride back to town. It was a tough run, I was running with this map in my pocket and the road was a lot curvier than the CAR map made it look, so I was never sure how close to the summit I was. When I saw that the rode became a loop, I knew that I was almost there. I sprinted to the top and did not realize how much noise I was making. I turned out that almost everybody who was at the summit recognized me. They all just drove past me. I had no trouble getting a ride back to the hotel.

Above is the view I had when I drove up with my family after breakfast.



Then we drove on to New Hampshire. We stayed in North Conway, a nice little town not far from Mount Washington. A recent Runner's World Quote of the Day was, "Don't be concerned with what you can't do. Work on what you can do - then count your blessings" - Alan Robinson, 56 year old partially paralyzed marathon runner.

So I had no problem not running up Mount Washington. So I ran out of the Hotel, got off the main ro
ad and found this sign. It led to a half mile out and back that was mostly like this.

It was so nice to get out of the Backed Apple for a week, because the weather was mostly like this. I just noticed the reflection of the trees in the thermometer.


More on the vacation later

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive