I could use the following excuses.
- I was 7 days off a marathon.
- I had not seen a hill like that in 5 years.
- I had not run a distance a short as a mile in over 25 years.
- I raced alone.
- I did not know the course.
- May I woulda beat my kids if I was actually running along side of them
Last week I participated in a 4 x 1 mile cross country rely. I was the 3rd leg and my son and daughter were on other legs of different teams.
My son's time was 3 seconds faster than mine and my daughter's was almost a minute faster. I ran as fast as I could that day, it was not just not enough.
A major turning point in my live as pasted.
I'm OK, I guess.