Friday, December 30, 2011

Samoa did not exist today, or today did not exist in Somoa



Really there was now Friday, December 30th 2011 in Samoa.  They skipped (or will skip) right to Saturday.  As I type it is 11pm in NYC.  I have no idea if it is yesterday or tomorrow in Samoa.  I don't really need to know.

But I visited a Samoan Village.  Well, it was at the American Museum of Natural History.

There might have been more people at the museum today than in Samoa.  According to Wikipedia, the population of Samoa is 179,000.  Also, according to Wikipedia there are 4 Million visitors to the AMNH a year.  That is an average of over 11,000 a day.

Today, the day before New Year's Eve was not an average day.  I bet there were over 180,000 people there.  Easy, maybe a Billion.

But some of them could have been anywhere















and we caught a nice sunset from the B Train on the Manhattan Bridge.  The photo might have looked better if we were on a train going the other way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive