Tuesday, December 27, 2011

In The Footsteps of Champions.

That is a pretty big title, but I mean it.  As I have pointed out before my kids are on a track team and they compete at the track in the Washington Heights Armory.  That facility is also home to the National Track and Field Hall of Fame.

It is a crowded place so the Hall of Fame is actually a hallway.  But if one stops they can see the names of some great athletes.  I am sure all of these men and women actually competed on the same track my kids were running on.





There is also a glass case with actual artifacts.  Most were athletic in nature, like the shoes that were driven to an Olympic Gold Medal.

There were also pieces of real history, like the sweater vest worn at the opening ceremonies of the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin



There was also a gallery of records that were set on the track.

Before any of those boys were born, I ran track for Sheepshead Bay HS.



Jose Marc Sears, Richmond Ahadzi, Jose Farley
and Naquan Alexander run laps around
the competition. > (Pace for News)





Our uniforms never looked that cool.  Then again, from 1977 to 1981 I don't remember ever winning a meet, let alone setting any national records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive