Friday, April 27, 2012

I thought it was a space ship

This morning I organized little run down to the Promenade to see the Enterprise get a ride into JFK on the back of a 747.  It was really cool but I thought it had been in space.  I learned hours later that it was a prototype. According to Wikipedia  It "performed test flights in the atmosphere. It was constructed without engines or a functional heat shield, and was therefore not capable of spaceflight. On September 17, 1976, the first full scale prototype was completed."  WTF, it's a model.

But I did not know that when I saw it.  I thought I was looking at a real spaceship.  I got to take this really cool photo.  It was really cool to see what I thought was a space ship.  I will always have that moment.


Much better photos can be found all over the Internets including this article in the Patch that helped me improve my famousousity.

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a real space ship being retired and sent to the Smithsonian. Shows how much Canadians know. But I envy you the moment when you photographed it and felt you had captured history. The feeling is what counts.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting history and photo. is unusual look up and see those ships ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, even if it's just a model! At first, I thought the upper one was the shadow of the plane.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive