Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy's First High Tide at the Gowanus

I won't go out for the second high tide, but at 9 am this was a fun bike ride. Blustery winds, probably gusting to 30 mph.  On and off rain.

The Union St Bridge From the Carroll St Bridge
Carroll St looking towards 3rd St
The Canal is on 1st St.
More Canal on 2nd St.
The view from the 3rd St Bridge

The approach to the 9th St Bridge will be a big problem later.

The view from 9th St


9th St looking towards Hamilton Ave.

The Parking Lot a Lowe's


Yuk


This guy got out ok, the rest better move soon





Nobody is taking a tour today, so the buses were moved to higher ground.














In 6 days Ryan Hall and  I will be running the NYC Marathon.  I hope everything is fine by then

3 comments:

  1. That's one heck of a high tide CU, thanks for braving the elements and bringing us this up to the minute on the spot report!
    It's late afternoon your way now and I'm guessing the winds and rain have pick up.
    Stay safe, hope you don't lose power for too long, (not at all would be preferable.)
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, it is 5pm now and it is getting pretty noisy outside.

    I live on the 4th floor of a 6 story building and all my windows are about 20 feet to other buildings. I am not so worried.

    It is the people in the skyscrapers that I am worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you and the family are safe and well.
    K

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive