Friday, March 22, 2013

Take a Trip!

I might have missed blogging about some of my kids class trips.The have kinda gotten routine. In the last two weeks I chaperoned 3 class trips in 6 school days.  It would have been 4 trips but, both my kids went on them same trip together.

Here is one of them as they participated in mock court.  There is nothing they did that they could not do if they were in a classroom.  But they defiantly stepped up their game in a real court room.  We were not really supposed to bring cameras into this Federal Building, but if I could have I would have taken a photo like the one below.  That is some hallway.
An interior view of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. Thank you Brooklyn Eagle


.

I got to chaperon both my kids on two different days to the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.  The kids were studying geology and the effects of glaciers. It only took 15 minutes to get there from their school.  They left at 10:30 and were back for lunch.  It is kinda neat that the only other people up there with us were tourists.  The kids don't know how lucky they are.


But my son know how lucky he is. Yes, he appreciates being a Brooklynitte.  But he also knows how lucky he is that he has a dad that comes on most of the class trips.

Back in the day my class took a trip to a Yankee Game.  It was a night game and it was the '70s.  Back then the drinking age was only 18 so we were mostly drunk when the game ended.  When I say all I mean all I mean all.  The 11th graders, the teachers and the chaperons were blasted by the end of the game.  Just as weer were leaving The Bronx someone blurted out "Where are Joey and Peaty?"  Yea, we left 2 kids in The Boogie Down Bronx...  at 11PM...  in 1978.   Who know that a school bus can make a u-turn on the Triboro Bridge.  We got back to the parking lot and drove towards the blinky police light.  Joey and Peaty were sitting on the hood of the cop car.  Then I decided that I would go on a many class trips if I could.

You might want to know why I said that my son know how lucky he is.  No, he does not know about my drunken night at Yankee Stadium (he might soon.).  He know ho lucky he is because I heard him say "YEA DADDY" when I walked into his classroom for the second time in 2 day.  Just as he said that the boy next to him sadly said "I wish my dad would come on a class trip."  I wished his dad would come too.  Not because the kids was a little unruly.  Because he needs to see how much his dad cares. So, if you are still reading this and have school age kids  TAKE A DAY OFF AND CHAPERON A TRIP.  DO IT ONCE AND IT WILL BE THE TRIP YOU KID REMEMBERS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. You're very lucky that you can go on all of these trips. sadly, most of us can't and not because we don't care. :-(

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive