Friday, May 10, 2013

unconstructive edits

At least 5 or 6 years ago I was with a bunch of friends and one of them insisted on using Wikipedia to prove his point.  To prove my point that Wikipedia can be fiction I logged in and changed something real to something that was nonsense. I moved a decimal point. Anyone who would read it would know it was wrong.

It stayed like that for years.

click to enlarge
I just happened to go back to Wikipedia and noticed that I had a message.









Below is the corrected segment to Prospect Park's Wikipedia Entry

The Prospect Park Track Club, formed in the early 1970s, organizes regular training runs and races in and around the park. (The park has a 3.35-mile or 5.39 km loop.)[40] TheProspect Park Women's Softball League has been playing softball games on summer evenings in Prospect Park for over 23 years. Circle rules football has been played every weekend from spring through fall at the tip of the Long Meadow nearest Grand Army Plaza since 2007.

You should know, however, that the "loop" is actually closer to 3.33 miles and citation 40 should link to the Prospect Park Alliance, not the Central Park Alliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive