Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I took a big breath

and managed to hold it together.

A friend was visiting from LA and wanted to see the World Trade Center Site.  I have been avoiding it.  I was afraid I would totally fall apart.  But, I don't have that right.  I did not loose anyone I loved, only friends of friends.

When I was there I did not become sad.  I became angry.  Ya see, my kids were born in 2000 but she had  younger kids.  She had her kids after everything changed.   But my kids were born before.

Would I have brought kids into a post 9-11 world?  I don't know.  I did not have that choice.

There were many proposals on what to replace the Twin Towers with.  Donald Trump said PUT THEM BACK.  When I was a kid, watched them go up.  I thought it would be nice if my kids saw the same. The Donald said they should just be one story taller, with memorials on top.  Kinda weird to be on the same page with Donald Trump




No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive