Saturday, February 22, 2014

I don't want to be anything like this man.

I don't want what he sells.

I don't even like sharing my country with him.

This kind of patriotism makes me sick.



I saw this ad more than I wanted to during The Olympics.


The American Dream boasts that prosperity and success are achieved through hard work, and it appears the ad tries to highlight that. The ad starts off with the main character (Neal McDonough) asking why we work so hard. "For this? For stuff?" he says while he stands over his pool. As he heads toward his nice house, he continues, "Other countries, they work. They stroll home. They stop by the cafe. They take August off. Off. Why aren't you like that? Why aren't we like that? Because we're crazy-driven, hard-working believers, that's why." Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/1402_totd_2014_cadillac_elr_ad_hit_or_miss.html#ixzz2u4FjbwOu


I took off since 2008, because I wanted a better life, not more stuff.  I could have kept working at a job that made me sick to go to.  Then maybe I could have a Cadillac.  That would be funny.

There is also that line ".... hard-working believers...".  I guess that is why I can't even think of a person I know who drives a Cadillac.

But,  I always thought the work "Cadillac" really worked in Rock and Roll.

My favorite from The Clash



2 from The Boss.





One from Johnny Cash.



I

3 comments:

  1. What's the matter with all you whiners, It's a commercial!
    Obviously it's not directed at everyone. I don't get upset when I see a tampon commercial, though it would be nice if they were more entertaining.(That's a joke, you idiots.)
    Why do bed wetting liberals get so offended by everything. Just change the channel!
    It's a funny Superbowl ad, get a life & keep driving your Prius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Billy Joel's "Movin' Out." Cadillac-ac-ac-ac-ac-ac! You oughta know by now! The lyrics jibe so well with what you wrote -- shunning the rat race, taking off since 2008 because you wanted a better life, not more stuff. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive