Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A real dive

On Monday we made a quick trip to Philly and figured that we should actually act like tourists and go to a "famous cheese steak place".  We found the one that seemed to get the most attention and added it to our map.  We went to Tony Luke's.

First, I would like to point out that the food was good.  I ordered The Roast Pork Italian, with Provolone and Spinach..  It did not look anything like the photo on their Internet menu but it was really good. If one is gonna shave a day or two off your live by eating so much fat and salt, this is the way to do it.

My daughter had the classic roast beef.  My son and his friend had a chicken cutlet hoagie.  My daughter (rightly) scowled at the boys because ordering a chicken cutlet sandwich at Tony Luke's was like ordering a hamburger at Nathan's.  I was just glad nobody puked on the 95 mile ride home.



Below I embedded some of the professional videos that were made about this place.  None of them show that this place is a true dive.

- It was full of cops, (they look the same in Philly, as they do in NYC)
- It is next to a highway
- Has abundant parking
- and no indoor bathrooms.  Yea, portapotties.




1 comment:

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive