Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Good news - Bad News from the detest (Finally Updated)

Over 13 months ago I started to have this crown replaced. I was just recovering from the stomach virus that triggered my CIDP. I remember having terrible back pain as I was sitting in the dentist chair. I didn't care.

I left the dentist office with a temporary crown, a couple weeks later I was supposed to have the real one installed. I cancel that appointment from the hospital. I like to finish what I start.

The thing is my dentist is on the upper floor of a brownstone. 10 big steps not so much rail. But the lower level is an oral surgeon that doesn't work on Tuesdays. Months ago I took this picture and showed it to my physical therapist. My training goal was to get up and down those stairs. Today it was easy, and I found out there's an internal staircase that I can easily get up so I'll go back in a few weeks and have might rest of my teeth cleaned.

They asked me to update my medical form and any things that have been changed. I don't think that was a usual considering the year I've had.  When the dentist saw me she looked at my medical form and asked, "you're not taking any medications?" I smiled and said, "You went to medical school, can you tell me what regrows nerves"

Thank you for caring Dr. De Leonibis. You and your staff were wonderful.

This wont hurt so much because you already had root canal on that tooth.

 This is what I looked like.......


  1. You have my deepest empathy Mike, I've been back and forth 4 times over the last fortnight! and frankly this modern day thing they preach about 'painless' dentistry? they lie! ;)

  2. Hope you're feeling better and back out on the streets looking for free Metrocards :)

  3. I've been checking your blog for updates. I'm giving you the proverbial handshake after a race (ie from your post a little while back) to say I hope you're feeling better and out and about.


You do not have to be nice!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive