Thursday, March 26, 2015

I am an unapologetic urban liberal elitist.

It never occurred to me to move out of New York City. I never wanted a house with a lawn, extra bedrooms or two-car garage. Shit, I don't even want my car anymore.. I'm really happy to live in an apartment house just the right size for my family. I'm a short walk from two different subways that Prospect Park. That's enough for me.

I can get a great slice of pizza for 10 different places in my neighborhood.  And I can ridicule the people who order from Papa John's.  That's right, if paying $3500 a month to live in a one-bedroom should enjoy the neighborhood. If you want to order chainstore corporate pizza you can live in a flyover state and have three bedrooms and a pool.

Another thing I like about my life is that I'm surrounded by diverse people.  I'm in a running club where about half the people are faster then me  and half the people are slower than me. Another thing about my running club and the rest of my neighborhood is that most people are different than me. Different colors. Different ages. Some of my friends have excessive wealth and others are poor. Some are theists others are atheists and I really don't know what God's most of my friends worship. For most of the people I meet I don't know their sexual orientation until I actually meet their partner.  But there's one thing they all have in common.  Intelligence is a virtue

Last May, when I walked into my doctors office my nurse diagnosed me with in minutes. That might've saved my life.  But it definitely saved me days weeks or months of being misdiagnosed.  It saddens me to read on Facebook how many people get misdiagnosed.  Some of these people live in developing countries. But others live here in the United States, just not mere to a large hospital. Some of them live where it's now illegal to teach social studies and others live in Florida where government officials aren't allowed to say the words climate and change together.  Many live in places where evolution is taught as fact.

I'm sorry if you choose or want to live in a place where children a tought that Adam and Eve shared the land with dinosaurs you're going to have doctors that don't know what rare diseases are and you can get misdiagnosed.

I have been blocked by Facebook friends for saying global warming is real not a theory. They said I was intolerant liberal.  You may call me an ass hole in the comments below.  Go for it.

And believe it or not I do not publish these quickly, this is taken me two days to write  By the way, if you have a problem with my grammar or spelling you can suck it.. And just as I was about to publish it I read this in the Borowitz report.



Indiana Defines Stupidity as Religion
BY ANDY BOROWITZ



INDIANAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report)—In a history-making decision, Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana has signed into law a bill that officially recognizes stupidity as a religion.

Pence said that he hoped the law would protect millions of state residents “who, like me, have been practicing this religion passionately for years.”

The bill would grant politicians like Pence the right to observe their faith freely, even if their practice of stupidity costs the state billions of dollars.

While Pence’s action drew the praise of stupid people across America, former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer was not among them. “Even I wasn’t dumb enough to sign a bill like that,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive