Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I really haven't met a bad excess a ride driver


Looking in excess ride trip is a pain in the ass.  People answer the phone program to repeat everything you say but really don't see the big picture.  Fortunately, there's this thing called the Internet.  You can book your rights online.  However they still call you to confirm your online booking.  Why why can't they send me an email.  Why does my phone have to ring.  And last night I got an email that only my right home what was happening from rehab.  What the fuck.  You send me this information but it's too late to poke a ride for the next day.

So I get through to the one phone number that's being answered at 9 PM and they told me to go back in an hour.  At 10 PM they told me to call back in two hours.  At midnight they told me that I should get a ride to my therapy but I should check it 8 AM for my 11 o'clock ride.

Needless to say I didn't sleep well.  And 8 o'clock I woke up and called and did get confirmation that I would be brought to rehab.  When I got in that right I realized I had a dream.  I dreamt that they were going to send me one of the new SUV vehicles that was specially meant for power chairs.  Not so much.  I even told my nice driver about this dream and asked hem if the SUVs are going to accommodate scooters..

The drivers that he hope not because all the drivers hate the SUV vehicles.  He said they don't like sitting next to the passengers in a wheelchair.  He said I would be exception, he wouldn't mind sitting next to me.

They honestly put up with a lot of crap.  I couldn't imagine spending a day driving around New York City.  Let alone stopping and helping disabled people.  On both ends of my trips today the drivers came on time and took the fastest route to my destination.  They were polite cheerful and obviously cared about getting me to my destination quickly.

On my right there the lift actually broke when I got rehab.  Without hesitation the driver got out and used a crowbar to release the lift and gently lowered me.

I went to the MTA's complaint webpage and left a complement.  Sadly it's probably as effective as leaving a complaint.

And by the way, whenever I get off the bus I say goodbye to the driver by saying I hope your next passenger is as nice as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive