Friday, December 11, 2015

Just say "Hi!"

Couple of days ago I thought will be a good idea to walk up to some random Muslim people I encountered and apologized for Donald Trump.  Yesterday, I was thinking a way to start the conversation when I was in a taxi on my way to my doctor's office. The cabbie's name was something I couldn't possibly pronounce but I wasn't sure if it meant he was Muslim or not. Then this video came on in the backseat.



Just say Hi
So I decided only to talk to him about the traffic.

First of all maybe he wasn't Muslim, how I would know.  But bigger than that was the fact that I didn't want to rub salt in the wound that Donald Trump might've created for him. Why should I remind him that there is a giant ass hole telling the world he is a threat to them. Why should I remind him that people are treating them differently because of his name, or his accent, or his possible faith.

Just like I don't like being reminded that I am any different.

Just say "Hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive