Monday, December 23, 2019

Some things I recently said

Image result for i am talking

The past few weeks I have been the subject of some drama. It kind of a good way though. And it's been recorded











.


Above, I can be seen making a toast to my good friend Z. I met him through Achilles and this was one of the last times I was going to see him because he's moving out west. I basically said How much I hate the expressions “every cloud has a silver lining” and “everything happens for a reason”. But it occurred to me that if it wasn't for getting really sick I never would have met Z nor would I have met all my friends at Achilles.



Above, I was being presented with my incentive for completing my 100th appearance at an open run, by the NYRR. I wanted to point out that a couple of years ago they gave me a fancy award at one of their black tie dinners. Part of the speech when I got my Joe kleinerman AWARD the presenter mentioned that doctorS said I might never walk again. I mentioned there in Marine Park that it wasn't doctorS that said I would never walk again it was actually only a wheelchair salesman who said that. But upon receiving this award I was kind of choked up because I was reminded that they were an awful lot of doctors who were quite concerned that I would stop breathing. I was quite pleased with myself or actually earning it award for showing up. cuz showing up was something people were worried I wasn't going to be able to do





Above I was recently inspired by all the stories of people who had just finished the New York City marathon. This was truly a spontaneous moments but I've been thinking about it for a while. I stood up and announced my intention to qualify for the Boston Marathon as an athlete with Mobility impairment.




Slide to 3:53 And listen to what I said for Voice of America / Africa. some reporter showed up at our Achilles workout with a giant microphone and wanted to know about our Achilles chapter in Brooklyn. I rambled on a lot but I told him what I've said before that life handed me a lot of lemons  and that until Achilles came around I didn't know where I was going to get hold of sugar so I can make the lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive