Friday, January 3, 2020

What about me?



I was just on a city bus on the way to the gym and I saw this new sign and I got all excited. I thought maybe it would give a clue to some people that other people need those seats in the front more than them.

In big bold letters it says “Please give up your seat”


I'll type out what it says because I can't take a picture on a bus  to save my life

Give up your seat for
Pregnant ladies
Folks who may be traveling with babies
People who may need to fold their stroller or carts
Seniors, even if they don't look the part
Thank You



WTF MTA  not everybody who's disabled looks disabled.  I'm 5 foot 10 and weigh 210 lb. I stand up straight and don't use a cane. But I have severe foot drop and it's none of your business but I have problems with proprioception, which means I have poor balance. I also have nerve damage in both my hands which means if I have to hold on to the pole I have to do it with my elbow.  Do I get that seat? That sign is going to make it even harder for me to get the seat.


Not for nothing but how about just put a sign on the seat that tells people not to sit in it unless they have a medical condition requiring them to sit. just save those seats in the front for those that need it. that way maybe I won't have to ask those middle school kids to get up while they're playing all their video games totally oblivious to the fact that I'm about to fall on them.

So, yeah, next time you see a seat on a bus or Subway or a train that has a little sign on it or above it indicated it's for disabled people just don't sit in it unless you really need to. Don't make that person who is actually disabled ask you to get up. You don't park in a parking spot reserved for disabled people and then make the disabled person go find you so you can move your car




No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive