Sunday, January 4, 2009

An Obvious Question

I took a picture of an ad on the Subway. To me it shows how stupid the mananagment of the mega-corporations are. First If you are sitting on the subway, whatta care about gridlock. Second, the solutions to gridlock is TAKE THE SUBWAY.

Posted by Picasa
Whatever; I bet some mooks at Bank of America paid their buddies at an ad agency a few hundred thousand bucks to survey some New Yorkers to get some phrases to put on the posters. The other ad show New Yorkish looking people complaining about bike messengers or noisy neighbors.

The ads went up in the Fall and the offer ends on Jan 30, so I don't think there is going to be much "ten bucks back". This promotion is not going to cost Bank of America much. But what did cost them is the ads themselves

More Marketing Tips videos at 5min.com
I can't imagine how much the entire ad campaign costs, but it is probability much more than any rebate they are giving to transit riders.

I am not only insulted by the words in the ads but the entire promotion itself. Bank of America is just trying to make New Yorkers think they are a New York institution, they are trying to build "a brand image". They are not giving away anything.

I am not the only one who thinks they are insulting. Look at these flicker and these too pictures.


Is Bank of America bankrupt yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive