Sunday, October 11, 2009

Race Report: Staten Island Half (Update)


I had mixed feeling about running the Staten Island Half. Should I race 13.1 miles or do what I am supposed to do and run 20 at marathon pace. Well I did both.

I got to the start an hour early, checked my bag and ran out and back on the course for 7 miles. There were at least a thousand other out there running a significant warm up before the Half.

I got back to the start with about 9 minutes on the clock. That was perfect because I did not have to stop or deal with any crowds. I also got to spend the next 13 miles passing people, that is always nice.

I finished in 2:21.01 and looked so good they even called my name when I finished. 10:45 pace for 13.1 miles after running 7. That is a 4:42 marathon. My last mile, my 20th mile was in 10:20.

I am so ready.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Nice to see you had a smooth last long run before the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm afraid I'd be one of those you ran past. I'm a pleasure-walker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, I really admire marathan runners. I am lucky to do brisk walking. My neice did the 1/2 Baltimroe marathan this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive