Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DDC Day VIII, Going Fishin'

Today was the first day of the annual Macy's Fishing Contest in the lake in Prospect Park.  The lack was fully stocked with fish and poles were there for the using.

We did not catch any fish and I thought that was OK.  When I used to fish, I did not use bait.  I thought the if I actually caught a fish it would interrupt my fishing experience.  I liked just sitting and looking at the water, catching a fish would interrupt my fishing experience.

The lake might have been full of fish, but its surface was missing something.  Earlier this week the Dept of Agriculture
packed the geese two or three to a crate and took them to a facility where they were gassed with lethal doses of carbon dioxide, said Carol A. Bannerman, a spokeswoman for the wildlife services division."  as quoted in the New York Times.

It seams that the Federal Government has been doing this for a while.  They don't want them flying into any of our planes. I guess it is more a a big deal when they take ALL of the 400 geese that live in Brooklyn.  2.5 million people live in Brooklyn and that was all our geese.  Maybe people could fly less.

Anyway we rode our bikes over to the Binnen Falls. I took these photos, really. At the bottom of the falls there was a lot of duckweed.

Then we rode home as saw a frog.

All whiten a mile of my home in Brooklyn

1 comment:

  1. Goose is a great Christmas treat over here in the UK - if they were going to be killed anyway why not have them slaughtered and sold for food? Sorry maybe thats the practical village girl in me....

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive