Sunday, July 18, 2010

My kids run too!



Yes they are on a youth track team, the Prospect Park Youth Running Club. They train twice a week after school and have meets in Van Cortland Park for cross country and in the Washington Heights Armory for an indoor season. But, this morning was not about that.

Today my kids ran 1.2 miles as part of the CNN Fit Nation Challenge. They actually already ran 25 miles (in installments) back in June. So today they completed a marathon distance and they did it at the finish line of the New York City Triathlon.

This really should not be a big deal. It is not a big deal for a 10 year old to run a couple of miles. It is really doable. Really. But we are convinced we have to drive everywhere and eat too much. That is why the United States has an epidemic of childhood obesity. That is why I am glad my kids got up at 5 am today. They showed the world how easy it is to be fit.

There was a lot of media there, when the news goes on line I will post some updates. Now we are gonna take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive