It is kinda a bizarre tradition for people to go for a dip on January 1.
Traffic was backed up as we approached the beach. None of my passengers believed that anyone else was going for a dip. But they were. The center chunk of the beach was as crowded as any summer day.
I did everything but donate $
- Participants must raise a minimum of $100 in pledges.
- No Pushing! All participants must enter the water of their own volition. Please do not enter the water until asked to do so.
- Participants will plunge their willing bodies into the water. The entire body must be submerged.
- No dry suits or wetsuits. Participants may smear their body with a liberal coating of bear fat. Note: This may negatively impact your social standing.
- No "endurance" contests will be permitted. Participants must jump in and get out. Yelling is optional.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top fundraisers and costume contest winners.