Tuesday, September 27, 2016

75,513,600 Steps forward, one step back

Yeah, Sunday I posted that I took a fall. It turns out my bloody left knee wasn't really the big problem. It was my right foot. According to the medical report I have a "Fracture at the base of the fifth metatarsal".


The nice people in the x-ray department said they can't email me the actual x-rays but if I go back there they will hand me a CD.

Till then, I'll post this picture I borrowed from Wikipedia . It looks just like the one I saw in my doctor's office.

So I'm not running I have Marathon in Central Park this Sunday, nor a half in Staten Island next Sunday. And no, I won't be participating in the New York City Marathon this November. It will be Sunday, November 5, 2017


Metatarsal Fracture: Care Instructions
Your Care Instructions

A metatarsal fracture is a thin, hairline crack to the fifth metatarsal bone of the foot. The fifth metatarsal is the long bone on the outside of the foot. This type of fracture usually happens from repeated stress on the bones of the foot. Or it can occur when a person jumps or changes direction quickly and twists his or her foot or ankle the wrong way. This fracture is common among dancers because their work involves a lot of jumping, and balancing and turning on one foot.

1 comment:

  1. Commiserations, Michael, on missing out on this year's marathon. I admire your resolve to run in the 2017 event! I'm there with you in running spirit, all the way from Melbourne (the one in Australia).

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive