Tuesday, August 4, 2009

DDC Days 17 &18

A couple of repeat days. Monday we biked around the Prospect Park and played at the Harmony Playground, just like Day 15. It is the one the kids requested. This time we brought bathing suits.

Today we went back to Rockaway Beach, like Day 7. Today there was a little excitement at the beach. We got there a little later than last time and the first thing I did when I got to the boardwalk was look towards the serf and see where the camp were. I want to go the other way. I saw two large clumps of beach goers and a large void in the middle. It looked like a good place to go till I noticed the Police Boats in the water. Tragically an young man drowned yesterday evening. The police were searching for his body. See the New York Times story here. The 1010 WINS (all news all the time) website had this story If you were to click on this link you will see a photo, this photo:


I did not bring my camera to the beach, but 1010wins took my picture.

I thought it was a little weird that they just closed off one section of the beach. They were looking for a man's body, I though they should have shut the whole beach. I guess it a New York thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive