Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Everything is gonna be alright.

As I said in the past.  Halloween will always hold a soft spot in my heart.  On October 31, 2001 my wife and I put our babies into matching bear suits at walked the the Park Slope Civic Council's Halloween Parade.  It was the first time since September 11th of that year that I saw people smiling and laughing in public.  I knew we were going to be ok.

This year the parade had to be cancelled.  I guess all the police needed to keep us safe were busy keeping people out of Prospect Park.  Whatever.  We did not need an official parade to find some time to be happy.

My kids are now old enough to wander the streets by themselves (a little bit) so I hung out with my friends at JackRabbit Sports and helped them give out candy for a bit. One even posed for me.


Many shops on 7th Ave, (the street where the parade would have been) were giving out candy.  Not this one

Grown ups were having fun too.  This man was standing in front of his stoop giving out candy.

































Efraim Gonzalez: Post-Sandy Garfield Place is a Playground
October 31, 2012
Share
Tags:


I spent some time in the house of my daughter's bff.  The one that had a tree fall across its street on Monday.  That tree was actually got some attention in the important Only the Blog Knows Brooklyn.





Now that tree has warning against that specific activity

What is more Park Slope.  Putting a safety note on a tree or blogging about it.



Fallen Trees are Dangerous !!


.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these photos. I can't imagine how long it is going to take to get things back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive